John Mustarde écrit:

> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:39:38 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >For most of my uses, the antiquated and
> >much-maligned autofocus in the PZ-1p is superior to the *ist D.
>
> I agree with that.
>
> Two things the PZ1p excelled at: focusing on a bird in the bush
> without hunting all over the place or getting stuck on the twig in
> front of it, and low-light AF.
>
> The more I use the *istD, the more I think its AF is worse than the
> PZ1p in every respect.  But I haven't given them a fair comparison
> yet, just seat of the pants impressions.
>
> --
> John Mustarde
> www.photolin.com

DO you compare the *ist D in a single centered Af mode or with all set on ?

I remember something about the MZ S and the Z1p : The MZ S is faster and
can "catch" a flying aircraft and follow it during all the show in
Automatic mode.

That is why I am very surprised about the lack of success with the *ist D
in AF performances