On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 03:21:43 GMT, you wrote:

>John Mustarde écrit:
>
>> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:39:38 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>> >For most of my uses, the antiquated and
>> >much-maligned autofocus in the PZ-1p is superior to the *ist D.
>>
>> I agree with that.
>>
>> Two things the PZ1p excelled at: focusing on a bird in the bush
>> without hunting all over the place or getting stuck on the twig in
>> front of it, and low-light AF.
>>
>> The more I use the *istD, the more I think its AF is worse than the
>> PZ1p in every respect.  But I haven't given them a fair comparison
>> yet, just seat of the pants impressions.
>>
>> --
>> John Mustarde
>> www.photolin.com
>>

>DO you compare the *ist D in a single centered Af mode or with all set on ?

Yes.  I keep the *istD in single centered AF mode.

But do not rely only on my impressions of AF accuracy and speed, they
are only untested impressions, not verified in any way yet.    I am
sorry I mentioned AF speed without making any tests, that is not a
good way to provide accurate information.

I intend to take my PZ1p, *istD and D100 and use them side-by-side to
see how they compare in real-world shooting. I will try to keep the
comparison as simple and accurate as I can with my limited equipment.

--
John Mustarde
www.photolin.com