From: Stan Halpin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Ramp Festival - wasRe: LAPDML? was:RE: It's official!!
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 07:11:57 -0600

Ah, but do you really know what a Ramp is? I am not referring to the common everyday alternative to stairs or forklifts. I am referring to a uniquely 'interesting' species of wild onion (?) which is the descendent of an onion that had wild fling with some strong garlic.

In the mountains, springtime brings the Ramp Festival as people gather for boiled Ramp, fried Ramp, Ramp soup, whatever. A group of us were climbing at Seneca Rocks, we stopped by a festival, a friend of mine bought a small bag of Ramps to take back to D.C. It was about 6 months before she could get the odor out of her car.

Truly an experience not to be missed.

Stan

frank theriault wrote:

Stan,

Despite my initial enthusiasm for a Road Trip, I'm thinking it might not be possible given my flight arrangements (which haven't been made yet, but I think are likely to be fairly inflexible once made).

I have to ask, though. What's a Ramp Festival? I know what a ramp is. I know what a festival is. I've just never thought of the two concepts going together! <vbg>

cheers,
frank