Fra: Patrick Pritchard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 23. marts 2004 03:15
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Moving to AF: PZ1P or MZ-S? Pentax or Nikon?

Hello all.

I've decided that within the next year (specifically, before September
2005) I would like to move up to AF.  This is mainly because I will be
in Australia doing some shoots at the World Solar Challenge, where MF
didn't quite cut it last time I was out.  I'd also like to move into
more sports, where AF would be a huge advantage.

My dilemma is this:

        - should I stay with Pentax, or go with Nikon (I'm leaning towards a
used F4)
        - If I stay with Pentax, should I go with PZ1P or MZ-S?

I've read various reports here on the list of Pentax slowly pulling
faster pro grade lenses.  This has me concerned, as I will need those
lenses later (e.g., 85/1.4 to replace my current MF 85/1.4, 24/2 to
replace 24/2.8 I am using now, etc.).

The PZ1P and F4 go for comparable prices (albeit not comparable
condition) on KEH, which I have been using as a quasi-benchmark for my
price checks.  No matter where I go, I will end up buying new lenses in
AF to replace my current MF lineup.