You may want to look at the F90X. I bought on last year as a back up AF body for my
D1,just incase it
went down, i could still shoot film at my horse shows and salvage some sales.
Its a nice camera,AF is fast and the body feels very rugged.
I found a site on the web that had a comparison of the 90X and F4(which i was going to
buy)but the
features of the 90X looked a lot better than the F4,so i bought it.

Payed around $850 Canadian with battery grip which enables verticasl shooting.

Dave
PS i'll see if i can find the site in my bookmarks