Recently Yoshihiko Takinami wrote:

> Oops!  I am very sorry.  I found out from my doctor that I have a rare eye
> condition that throws my vision off by an infinitesimal amount.  So all
> of my lens tests are wrong and should be ignored.  Sorry for any problems.
> I hope no one ever read them.

Hi Yoshihiko,

I am sorry to hear about the probolem with your eyes!  Is it appropriate to
tell us a bit more?  In which way are the resolution results affected?

My first take on this problem is that as long as the results are
CONSISTENTLY wrong, they are CORRECT.  In other words, we are not
interested in absolute results but in the RELATIVE resolution of one lens
compared to another.  With that in mind, I would encourage you to not give
up on lens testing.

Best wishes,
Boz

PS: I am writing from home and have not yet read my e-mail at work.