On 25/3/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] discumbobulated:

>> Nothing Special. Did this for a friend's father. It's a pic of Stephane
>> Grappelli and Django Reinhart somewhere.
>
>It could have been shot in London at recording sessions in 1936 or 1938.
>They visited London numerous times and did some of their finest
>recordings there (also soundwise), both as a duo and the full Hot Club
>Quintet.
>The picture looks familiar, maybe from a record sleeve. Obviously a
>publicity shot. I may have more pictures from this shoot somewhere in the
>house.
>Do you happen to know anything about the original print that was used?
>(Django Reinhardt is one of my greatest musical heroes. Got a great part
>of his recordings, and they were many, all broadcasts, private sessions
>and privately recorded concerts included. He also visited the U.S. once
>in the forties and performed with Duke Ellington.
>I consider him and Jimi Hendrix the two, no contest, outstanding geniuses
>of six stringed guitarplaying.)

I'm sorry Lasse, I don't have the original print anymore - it went back
with my clean-up. I recall it had a date written on the back, and 1938
sounds right. It had their names, and also the venue, which I have
forgotten. I have a CD of Grappelli knocking about, but that;s it. I like
the name Django thjough ;-)

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__