From: "Frits Wüthrich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 22:13, Lasse Karlsson wrote:
> > From: "Frits Wüthrich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > Now I am worried Lasse!
> >
> > Yes. Hard to believe, ain't it?
> > But it's true.
> >
> > Almost everything about me is in fact very jolly.
> > You should see me walk for instance. I've got a very jolly walk.
> > Stan has actually seen it, and can attest to it.
> >
> > People also say that I sound very jolly when I talk, for instance.
> > It may not come through in my messages on the list, though.
> >
> > Yes indeed.
> > "Mr. Jolly" - that's me, Frits.
> > That's the one you're talking to, and nobody else.
> > Funny, ain't it?
> > :-)
> > Lasse
> >
> Actually Lasse, the second part of the sentence is the part that had me worried:
> 'wouldn't like to cause anyone no harm'
> You have two negative terms in there, so it really says: 'would like to
> cause anyone harm'. Is this my bad understanding of the English
> language? I can't imagine you are a guy who wants to do harm. I must be
> missing something here:-)

Nah, that's just our way of talking. Those "double negations" must have slipped in
through my African-American heritage. Must have been playing to much jazz I guess.
Anyway that's part of our lingo and there's nothing wrong with that, it's just a bit
different. You'll pick it up.
Just in case anyone - like Stan who's met me, gets confused - I'm albino black, it
would seem.

Lasse