Omigod! Frank's posting an actual, honest-to-goodness On Topic Pentax Question!! I'm so used to putting OT in front of my posts, it seems almost automatic to do so.

Okay, now that you've all gotten back in the chairs that you just fell out of, here goes.

You may recall that I recently got a flash (Vivitar 3700) with which to exploit my LX's ttl flash metering capabilities. Two questions:

1) In the LX manual, it says that for Pentax ttl flashes, if I leave the shutter speed dial at Automatic, put the flash on the camera and turn the flash on, the camera will automatically set the shutter speed to the appropriate flash sync. It shows us this by lighting up the led next to "x" in the viewfinder (which also lets us know that the flash is charged and ready to go). Since my Vivitar elicits this reaction in the viewfinder, am I to assume that I can leave the shutter speed dial at Auto and not worry about changing the speed to "x" every time I put the flash on? If so, "cool"!

And, here's the most important question:

2) In another thread this week, I read (I think it was tvv) that the exposure compensation dial does not affect ttl flash metering. That thread was talking about another fine Pentax product, but do I assume that applies to the LX as well? Again, in the manual, in the Exposure Compensation section no mention of flashes is made, and in the Flash section, no mention of the exposure compensation dial is made.

I just wanted to be absolutely sure on that one, because it would be a real nice feature to have with the flash, methinks.

Thanks in advance,
frank

Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSn Premium. Get 2months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines