Hi Take,

comments below:

At 2:50 PM +09004/8/01, Takehiko Ueda caused thus to appear:
>Hi all,
>
>I have received some questions off list from fellow members.
>I visited the Expo again today, and got answer from the
>Pentax rep.  I think they are of interest of many members,
>so I post this one.

Thanks for following up on these questions.

<snip>

>2. Mid-roll Rewind
>You can rewind in the middle of the roll on an MZ-S.
>However, if you would like to re-use the roll, you have to
>write down the frame number, and to wind up to that frame
>manually. (Of course with your lens cap on. :-))  There is
>no automation on this function.  They recommend that you
>should wind up one or two frames more, in order to prevent
>from accidental multi exposure, for it's not so precise.

This must have been changed, because it is exactly opposite what I was told.

>3. AF Points Indication
>AF points you choose will not be shown on the LCD on the
>body top, but only in the viewfinder LED.  I didn't have
>enough time to check it into details, but you find the AF
>points in the viewfinder for sure.

Why would one need AF point indicators on the external LCD? I'm sure someone has valid
reasons to have them, but I don't see it. Please, no one take this as "I don't need
it, so you don't either." Just tell me why you do.

>4. Sales Date and Catalogue Price
>Nothing for sure.  I asked and asked and asked.  They finally
>told me that MZ-S will be released "before summer comes". I
>felt maybe he means in June.  (When you say "summer" in
>Japan, it means July and August. :-))  He doesn't know if
>it is introduced simultaneously all around the globe.  The
>price will be "a little higher than a Z-1p" and "much less
>than an LX". :-)  In Japan, a Z-1p is JPY108,000 and an LX
>with an FA-1 is JPY180,000; which leads the price of an
>MZ-S to JPY120,000 to JPY150,000.

I have heard May. I don't know if it's early, middle or late May.

Did you get a look at the battery grip? That is what, IMO, really makes this camera.

>Hope these helpful to you all.
>
>Sincerely,

>Take Ueda, Osaka, Japan

Thanks, Take.