Takehiko wrote:

> I think so, too.  However, the rep clearly told me that it
> is IMPOSSIBLE, for there is no means to memorise to which frame
> was exposed on the film.

I really don't think so. I believe the new Minolta 7 have this feature (correct me if
I'm wrong). The rep may not know what he is talking about (lets hope so).
Anyway, as I understand the data imprinting feature is that it imprints the data while
the film is rewinding (correct me if I'm wrong). This means that the camera must have
a memory that remebers the exprosure data and frames on the film. Hence, it should be
possible to make a system with roll memory. However, if you use data imprinting and
use the manual method of mid roll rewind and reloading of the same film, then you
would get double exposure of exposure data on those frame that have been in the camera
twice. A way to avoid this is to have some roll memory function. Thats why this
feature makes sense and seems to be connected to the data imprinting feature.

> To be precise, the rep told me this way; "You don't have to
> wait until summer".  So the release might be in May.  From
> his way of saying it, I felt, at least, it's not April.

Thats sounds better...

Pål