From: David Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: PAW - birds and long lenses
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:45:26 +1000

Frank,
Yep you're right - I knew I'd get a comment on that (-: And you're also right, I personally don't mind the doughnuts. Or maybe I just accept them because of all the other benefits of this lens.
My response is - give me a fairly sharp 500mm that focuses down to 1:3 (letting you get images such as this: http://davidavid.whatsbeef.net/dragonfly.jpg from 2 metres away), is about 15cm (1/2 a foot) end to end, is light and goes anywhere without a sherpa, costs less than $200US used, and above all can be handheld... and I'll gladly use it q-:

Chris - I've never seen one before - in the area or otherwise! I've been told that they are moderately common in Sydney suburbia, and know that they saw a couple on a recent fauna survey in Lane Cove NP.

David "Not a bird guy" Nelson

MSN Premium includes powerful parental controls and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines