Keith Whaley wrote:

> When something is done incorrectly, and there's only two ways
> to do it, right and wrong, there IS a wrong way.
> Now, it's up to the "boss" or supervisor or parent, or
> whomever, to soft pedal the word and insist that it be done correctly.
>
> I think you're trying to avoid instilling in students of any
> age, but especially young inexperienced people, that they did
> something "wrong,"
> as though it was a "bad thing."
> Right?
> Wrong is not automatically bad, unless you're assembling an
> atomic bomb.
>
> Anyone can make a mistake, and most people will, on occasion,
> until they get the right training and experience. That
> mistake is part of the learning experience, and as such it
> might well be "wrong" but the teacher should not allow the
> connotation of "bad" to be attached to "wrong."
>
> Bad is only when you do it on purpose...

Indeed, when it is done on purpose.

People make mistakes, the culture element is where you can tell your
workmates/supervisor that there is a problem without recrimination. People
who work in such environments don't tend to make many mistakes anyway, as
they don't have that fear of explaining problems...

Malcolm