Peter Smith wrote:

> I used only an MG for a while (similar spec to ME).  It's a useful way to
> re-think exposure modes.  I argued that it was both aperture priority and
> shutter priority and programmed.  How?

Why bother with getting an MG?   Just get a K1000, ar anything with match-
needle metering.

> I could never figure the benefit of true multi-modes except that they
> stopped you having to think.  (I happily use them now though).

They (and all other automation features; AF, TTL flash, ...) eliminate
the necessity of you performing routine drudgework the camera can do
just as well.  In fact the camera is far better at certain tasks (such
as adjusting the exposure as you pan between bright sunlight and shadow,
or monitoring the light received during exposure by using OTF metering).

But using *any* automation features without thinking is rather silly.
I think before selecting the mode, confident that I can make the camera
do what *I* want it to.

--
John Francis  [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Silicon Graphics, Inc.
(650)933-8295                        2011 N. Shoreline Blvd. MS 43U-991