I would love to avoid the fence whenever possible, but not in this case. They were double fenced and I was forced to stand back and took the pictures. So I switched to manual focus and focus on their eyes only. I was hoping to let the viewers noticed that they were captured and imprisoned, though I have no idea how well those pictures were executed.

Regards,
Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

I think the bars force us to reflect on the fact that these creatures of the wild have been imprisoned for our entertainment. Perhaps there are good reasons for it, perhaps not.

John