Markus Maurer wrote:
Hi Norm
what really makes me wonder:
Does anybody care about the size and weight of the lenses they use daily?
Do the light "M"-Series lenses still exist and is anybody favoring them
instead of the faster heavier lenses?

I'm trying to end up with a camera kit that I'd be prepared to carry up mountains - I think that an ME Super plus M28/3.5 would be pretty much ideal, perhaps with an M50/1.7 too. Consequently I won't be bidding on that K28/3.5 :-)

I'm I wrong, that with faster film maximum aperture is not that important?
How does the M-Series 28mm 3.5 compare to the standard lens?

What do you mean by "the standard lens"? The M28/3.5 has the reputation of being almost as good as the K28/3.5, although I've never tried either.