As an archaeologist in Australia I travel about a bit in Aboriginal
communities, and from time to time have eaten some of the most disgusting
sounding things imaginable.

I have eaten Witchety Grubs (big thick grubs about the size of a mans
thumb - taste like almonds though), bats, kangaroo intestine, goanna, emu,
numerous other grubs and ants, bush turkeys, snake, numerous types of
native fruits etc etc...

Most of it was great...

The only one I never warmed to was a grub from a particular Eucalyptus
tree that tasted like...well...Eucalyptus oil. Hence the reason Aboriginal
people never ate Koala (besides, too much Eucalyptus oil is poisonous to
humans). And most ants taste like s**t too...

Cheers

Shaun