Fra: alex wetmore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 22. april 2004 17:42
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Re: OT: New Gadgets, New Toys (Photo/CF Storage)

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am looking into storage for my DSLR, so I can off-load pictures from a
> flash card in the field, wipe the card, and start over. I am realizing
that
> shooting with a DSLR I will be shooting tons more photos than before and
need a way
> to increase my storage capacity. A bit of extra money will be coming my
way
> shortly. However, not enough for me to want to get a laptop.
>
> So, so far this looks like a fairly good idea:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000E6FY7/qid=1082646806/sr=1
-2

/ref=sr_1_2_etk-electronics/002-9840715-2164845?v=glance&s=electronics&n=172
28
> 2

This link goes to a GMini 120.

There are many many similar gadgets.  I would recommend doing a search
on dpreview's (http://www.dpreview.com) storage forum for any device that
you are considering.

I'll probably pick up a GMini 220 at some point.  They have somewhat
mixed reviews though.  Specifically the battery is not field replacable,
which really limits how many times you can use it on a trip unless
you have access to AC power.

Currently I'm using a 4g Microdrive and I expect this to keep me going
through the summer.  They are $200 if you buy a Creative Labs MuVo2
and remove the drive.  I bought my MuVo2 from J&R Music World.  They
are backordered everywhere, but J&R got me the unit in about two weeks
which wasn't too bad.

With the 4gb Microdrive you get about 280 RAW pictures or 990+ L***
JPEGs on the Pentax *ist D.

alex