I think the gmini does have a screen, albeit a very low res mono one.
It also has a CF slot.  It wont view RAW files though - only flashtrax
does that.  I think the Gmini does have better battery life than the
flashtrax though, but wont play mp3s or AVIs if that is of interest
(whereas flashtrax will).

The gmini is a cheap and cheerful job which does basic file holding, is
fairly small and allows you to preview jpgs to make sure the file is
intact.

The flashtrax has a better screen, bigger disc, views RAW files, plays
mp3s & AVIs and has superlative support from the manufacturer (Archos is
poor in this area I believe).

It's a toss up between better functionality and less money I think...
If you use RAW there is no choice IMO.

082646806/sr=1
-2

/ref=sr_1_2_etk-electronics/002-9840715-2164845?v=glance&s=electronics&n
=172
28
> 2

This link goes to a GMini 120.

There are many many similar gadgets.  I would recommend doing a search
on dpreview's (http://www.dpreview.com) storage forum for any device
that you are considering.

I'll probably pick up a GMini 220 at some point.  They have somewhat
mixed reviews though.  Specifically the battery is not field replacable,
which really limits how many times you can use it on a trip unless you
have access to AC power.

Currently I'm using a 4g Microdrive and I expect this to keep me going
through the summer.  They are $200 if you buy a Creative Labs MuVo2 and
remove the drive.  I bought my MuVo2 from J&R Music World.  They are
backordered everywhere, but J&R got me the unit in about two weeks which
wasn't too bad.

With the 4gb Microdrive you get about 280 RAW pictures or 990+ L***
JPEGs on the Pentax *ist D.

alex