In many contexts the use of terms like "street" of "nature" or
"portrait"  simply refer to shooting under specific conditions or for
certain subject types that change the nature of the equipment.  Of
course, people being people, we often shorten the phrase to refer to the
condition/subjects or even equipment in a quick way.  Even if we don't'
like the connotations of a term like "street photography", it is useful.
 Notice how most of the folks in this thread knew  what sort of
equipment combinations and conditions were being considered.

The real trick is, as with anything, is not to take yourself too
seriously . . .

By the way, I favor using the term "photograph"  all around and
specifying "film" or "digital" when the distinction is needed.   "Image"
is just too general a term for my taste, although I'm sure I've used it.
 Of course, there's always "picture". . .  ;-)

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450