I think I mentioned "pictures".  It's a general term, like image, and
can refer to painting as well.  It's fine in context, however.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Steve said (at least, I think it was Steve, sorry if I'm wrong):
> We had a thread a while back where some objected to the use of
> "photographs" for digital.  Since you gotta call'em somethin', the
word
> "image" has become handy.

> I hate using the word "images" instead of photographs, yet
> it's becoming so common that I find myself using it
> sometimes, and I REALLY dislike that!

Wot the heck is wrong with the good ol'fashioned term PICTURES?

ERN