Surely point and shoot cameras are those used by point and shoot photgraphers.

John

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 07:26:38 -0600, William Robb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jens Bladt" Subject: RE: 4MP Point and shoots

Does the frase "Point and Shoot" make sence anymore, in the age of
digital/acomputerrized photography?
To me it seems that even small, easy to handle 2-4 MP cameras have
more
adjustable funtions than most professional cameras of the seventies
or
eighties. I guess a small 2MP camera can be more adjsutable than a
Pentax
MX!

At the same time most SLR's and DSLR's can be used as a Point &
Shoot
camera.

Most point and shoots of the 80s, starting with the Zoom 70, had more features than most of the SLR cameras out there. The term is a useful one, not to determine a feature set, but to determine a camera type, in this case, a fixed lens rangefinder variety.

William Robb

-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/