On 23 Apr 2004 at 10:31, J. C. O'Connell wrote:

> What he did forget was to burn at the slowest possible
> burn speed your burner will allow.  Makes for most reliable
> playback.

In over ten years of burning read only optical media I've undoubtedly proven
this advice to be unfounded, but take it as you will.

I'm regularly burning 4.7GB on DVD-R at 4x and achieving 100% data verification
on approved media. I've always worked at the recorders top speed and as I
mentioned I've not found any of my old CD-R media to be corrupt from even 10
years ago. Most problems with speed are related to buffer unde-runs, PSU
inadequacy and over-heating due to inappropriate ventilation.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998