Rob, what are your sensible writing methods?

Use a recognized brand name writer with good driver/software support and mainstream branded media. Use blank media free of dust or scratches (CDs supplied on spindles sometimes fail this criterion), ensure that the system can deliver the data at faster than the CD writer speed, ensure good power to the writer, hands off the computer until the media is burned and finalized, always write and finalize an archive disc in one session, verify after write. That's about it.

That's all good advice. One additional step that I take is to read the CDR on another PC before deleting the files off the hard drive. I usually run it through Thumbs Plus on a second PC and make sure everything gets read and displayed properly.

- MCC
-----

Mark Cassino Photography

Kalamazoo, MI