On 24 Apr 2004 at 21:12, Markus Maurer wrote:

> It all depends on your needs and the level of safety required.
> It's not a prove of quality selling something in the computer business.
> Look at all this super fast, noisy and overheating desktop computers
> with rubbish power supplies and noisy fans manufacturers sell today, they
> sell, what consumers want and pay for.

The biggest problem is that SCSI drives no longer offer capacities that compete
with ATA drives let alone their extremely poor cost/capacity ratios. My
prediction is that you will see SATA variations slowly taking over the bastions
that were SCSI only over the next few years. I used to have SCSI drives in
every machine, not now, go look at the specs for the WD Raptor drives, they
don't lie, these things are very good value.

PSU quality and how heating and heat dissipation is managed has always been
relative to component longevity, in other words you get what you pay for.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998