Tamron SP 35-105/2.8 manual focus. It was a nightware. The lens was expensive (I was in Melbourne back then) and it was very soft wide open, and reasonable at f5.6. It was great for portrait, but nothing else. Not to mention the zooming acting was a pain in the axx due to some lousy plastic inner mechanisms which the service centre could do nothing about. Since then I have owned prime lenses only.

Regards,
Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

OK, here's a new question:

What camera or lens have you bought that you regretted purchasing?

I'll go first because my answer will startle you at first:

Pentax A20/2.8
(Now the other shoe drops)..... because now that I have an ist-D I wish
I'd bought the autofocus version, the FA20/2.8 instead.

They're the same lens optically, but the "A" version is much more
solidly built (and is actually more expensive). I never felt missed
autofocus on my film cameras but since this lens has the angle of view
of a 30mm when used on the DSLR, I'm finding myself wishing for AF
sometimes.

It's still a fabulous lens, though ;-)

--
Mark Roberts