> The composition is excellent!  You were shooting into the
> sun?

Yes.

> It seems like you metered the water for the exposure.  A
> cokin red gradual
> filter could have darkened up the sky and brought out some
> clouds as well as
> darkened the buildings.

Ah yes, red filters. Folks on the list have heard my sob story about how
I left all my new Cokin filters on the Brooklyn Bridge last year. I
haven't gotten around to replacing them yet. :)

> IMHO, I would like to see the sky
> burned (on an
> enlarger in a darkroom of course.) in the first image.

Aha, now I finally have a good reason to take a darkroom course. :)

> Don't get me wrong, I still like the photo.  It makes me want
> to run out and
> hope on those posts.  Do you have it hanging in your home?

Hehe...nope...actually, I have a confession. There was a building that I
cloned out on the righthand side of the frame, but I just realized I
left the shadow in! So I won't be framing the print because the
composition isn't as nice as I would have liked it to be. I tried just
cropping the building out, but it ruined the balance of the image.

Anyway, glad you like the image. Thanks for your comments and welcome to
the list!

Amita