>> Further to that point: I was a little irritated to find just how often
I was
>> waiting for the *ist-D to empty the buffer during the race at Long
>Beach. Most
>> of the time the buffer was large enough, but there were enough times
>when the
>> camera wasn't ready to shoot for it to be a noticeable problem.
>
>There is nothing worse than when a stage artist comes right up to you and
>poses
>for the camera and you have to "pretend you are shooting" whilst the buffer
>empties :-(

When I was a student, I went down to a boating lake and shot a few rolls
of a sailing regatta on a Spotmatic, from the shore. Later, the
marshalling crew in a RIB asked me if I wanted to go out with them and
get some shots from the water. I jumped at the chance.

After we left the dock, I realised I had about 2 frames left on my last
roll. I rewound the film and fired off blanks as we buzzed the sailing
dinghies, not wishing to let down my chauffers.

<smack>

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__