Markus Maurer wrote:

> They used mirrors, self timer, cable release, hand holding
> and their best friends and some weak excuses.

.....sometime later, after they were released from Police custody on bail:

Self portraits are something that I find little interest in, although
perhaps as a technique maybe I should. Spontaneous photographs taken at
parties or fun days out are one thing, taking pictures of yourself is
something else. I expect it's because I associate photos of myself with
building passes, passports etc, which are essential but boring.

Malcolm