g> But if you load your jpeg in photoshop and correct the color then save it. Then
g> come back later load it, and crop it, then save it. And looking at it the next

Hi Tom, I don't think anybody literate in computer imaging would
resave an edited jpeg back into jpeg. When I have a source image in
jpeg, I save it as a lossless format for all the editing steps. It is,
I hope, pretty much common knowledge that resaving jpeg is a no-no.

What I see more as a hindrance to using jpeg more, is the grain
increase in high iso images and disability to do major colour/exposure
corrections (perhaps even local burning/dodging) in the 8bit colour
space. For example, when you lighten the shadows of a jpeg much,
horrible blocky artifacts (results of the way jpeg works with 8x8pixel
blocks) will shop up. Ugly.

Best regards,
   Frantisek Vlcek