Legacy systems create markets for legacy items . . . But truly, the CF
card is currently a very small object.  Aside from marketing, is there
any real advantage to having something smaller?  Leave the card the same
size and just make it higher capacity.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/12/04 02:24PM >>>
There's no way I could justify one at a price MUCH higher than the
*istD.  I
think I would rather invest in a medium format film system first.

I don't want to drown in wave after wave of digital camera upgrades/new

products like many of us are forced to do with computer
hardware/software.
I definitely can't justify a new camera every year, or even every other

year.

I think the price of compact flash is relatively minor (if you don't
have $1
then $1 looks like a lot though) because it's reusable.  The question
is,
what if compact flash goes out of vogue two years from now?  Then
everyone
will be stuck with an old 'legacy' digital camera if they want to use
compact flash.  I bet memory form factor changes as well, and then to
buy a
new digital SLR one will need new memory also.

Tom C.