On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, William Kane wrote:

>    Ok, I'm not going to make this a LONG post, as I want to go and
> play, but I JUST got the LX I had ordered from MXV camera's . . . It
> was in EX+ condition according to them, and I must say that it's in
> much better condition than I had expected.  A few small scratches to
> the baseplate, one scratch on the finder and some brassing to the MLU
> button is about all the damage I can see right now.  Inside of the LX
> is CLEAN!!  Came with a set of strap lugs installed on it too.

Congrats!  I just got mine a little while ago, and after it gets back from
a CLA I'm going to have a lot of fun with it.  :)

>   A couple of questions . . . what exactly is the function of the "thumb
> screw" that is just to the right of the shutter curtain (when looking
> inside the body from behind)?

If you turn it in the direction it indicates (counterclockwise), a film
blind drops down.  You have to use this with the Watch Data LX back, but
not the Dial Data LX.  You don't have to use it with normal backs.

Have fun!  It's a beautiful camera.

chris