Fra: Sylwester Pietrzyk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 10. maj 2004 09:47
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Re: Pentax * ist D doing badly in Fotomagazin test

on 10.05.04 7:33, Jens Bladt at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I just got the the lates issue of Fotomagasin. There is a test comparing
all
> DSLR's. Ist D isn't doing too well: 145 points (max 200 possible). In
fact,
> no other DSLR did worse. Best was Olympus E-1, Nikom D2H and Canon Eos 1Ds
> (175-176 points.
> This is odd because according to www.preview.com the Olympus (as an
example)
> isn't doing quite as well. In fact not really better than the SONY DSC
F717
> as far as sharpness is concerned - in spite of the much larger sensor.
Nikon
> D100 got only 159 points, Canon 10D; 162 points. I guess Fotomagasin
doesn't
> like the SONY sensor, because D100 and Pentax *ist D got the lowest grades
> for reslution.
It seems that according to FotoMagazin E-1 is better than Canon 1Ds  :-)))
Well, their tests were often controversial. For instance when they tested
low cost SLRs two years ago, they gave Nikon F65 more points for features
than MZ-6 (ZX-L).It is enough to look at smome specificatios of both cameras
to know that N65 s much less capable than MZ-6 - no spot metering, no Custom
Functions, no HSS flash, shutter speed 1/2000 (vs 1/4000)... I'll leave such
a "tests" without comments. Otherwise I haven't seen a single test, where
E-1 would have better picture quality than *istD.

--
Best Regards
Sylwek