On Sat, 15 May 2004, Peter Loveday wrote:
> Actually, my Canon S45 digicam has this "Custom" mode (the G3/G5 etc have
> more than 1 I think), which is also on the mode-dial.  "What a great
> feature" I thought to start, I set it up so that mode was flash-disabled,
> ISO 400 (high as it goes), etc thinking I'd use it for low-light where I
> don't want to be setting off a flash (like a gallery, or whatever).
> Unfortunately being on the mode dial meant I had to choose P/Tv/Av/M also, I
> could not switch this and still use the custom settings, rendering the
> feature useless to my mind.

The Pentax *ist D has 3 custom modes.  You can program different
settings for each one and change between them very quickly (a couple
of button presses).

I haven't experimented to see if these change things like the flash
mode, or only the custom function settings.

I think that the *ist D raises the ISO until the camera can be used
handheld when you have it in the auto-adjust ISO mode.

alex