Hello all, I'm having a problem with my MZ-3, the only auto focus camera I own. I'm going to
Poll the collective wisdom before bowing to the inevitable.

The problem is the shutter won't fire, I don't mean the camera doesn't function it does, well sort of.

If the camera is set on any shutter speed above 1/60 sec. The camera seems to operate normally mirror flips
and film advances, but I can distinctly hear that the shutter hasn't fired. If I do this without a lens mounted I
can watch the shutter not fire.

If the shutter speed is set to X Automatic or any speed 1/60 sec or lower the mirror flips up and the camera
hangs until I remove the battery and re-insert them after which the mirror flips back down and the film advances.
If I do this with no lens on the camera once again I can watch the shutter not fire.

All other functions, at least those I can check seem to work normally. The camera focuses and locks on to targets
as well as it ever did. It rewinds film, (at least it does when I press in the rewind override button). The only thing
it won't do is take a picture, (or fire the flash which seem to be related to firing the shutter just like an old fashioned mechanical
camera.

What I'm really hoping is that someone has some sort of Idea that doesn't require that I ship this puppy off to repair,
I haven't come up with anything except leaving the batteries out of it for an extended period of time, which I am doing
right now, but I don't have much hope.

Thanks for any ideas in advance.