Unfortunately for looking for a reset button it's an MZ/ZX series body, no more controls than is necessary, classic
interface. Right now it's been sitting with the batteries removed for about 16 hours. I think I'll let it go for a full
48. I think your probably right about there being a solenoid problem in the shutter mechanism so it's probably off
to Pentax in CO. for an estimate on Monday. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't already have an LX the needs a minor
repair I've been putting off and an MX that just developed a view finder problem just a couple of weeks ago.

Anthony Farr wrote:

Peter,

Have you tried the full power-down and reboot?  I mean every battery out of
the camera (don't forget the clock battery if it has one, this would power
the memory of personal settings and maybe also the last dial positions).
Leave it overnight so that any residual charge lurking in capacitors or such
can dissipate.

I don't suppose there is a reset button anywhere that you could try, is
there?

If it's a hardware problem my guess would be failure of the solenoid that
releases the first curtain.

regards,
Anthony Farr

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter J. Alling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello all,  I'm having a problem with my MZ-3

(snip)