In a message dated 5/16/2004 3:23:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
In most U.S. airports you relinquish control of the luggage
and are not present when they inspect. In fact, in most
instances you are not allowed to be present. So if they
don't like the x-ray scan or have a slow day or you just
happen to be the 1 out of x that gets a random inspection,
then your case will be opened. If there is a lock, the lock
will be destroyed in order to open the case.

It is now possible to buy locks which have a small symbol
indicating that the security folks (and selected thieves)
have master keys. Such locks they will open rather than destroy.

Stan
Been a while since I have flown so I did not know this.

So you are saying DON'T LOCK a suitcase?

And do you have a url or a picture or something of the kind of lock you that
mean? (I have never traveled with an unlocked suitcase).

Marnie aka Doe