Hello Cotty,

<snip>

C> No - I don't have a clue what you're talking about. I need an idiot's
C> guide here. Personally i might prefer rm -rf *if I iknew what the hell it
C> was* !

rm -rf deletes the given direcotry recursively, whithout asking any
confirmation from the user.
-r is for recursive: remove the contents of directories recursively
-f is "force": ignore errors, don't ask anything, wipe out what you can

Now if the given directory is / and you have admin access, I'm sure
you won't use it.

Attila
who don't know Macs... but this is fairly basic Unix