Hi Team,

I've been naughty :-)

I was re-organizing my tele-kit and was prompted to do a little
experimentation.

Thought: Wouldn't it be nice to be able to use the Rear Converter-A 2X-L on
my SMCPA*200f2.8, can't though, it won't fit, have to carry the 2X-S just for
this lens.

Light-bulb over head: Measure the rear element clearance in the 200f2.8,
seems to be enough room, 2X-L won't fit though as there are two short light
baffles that prevent it from seating fully.

Icky part: Miniature hex point screw driver in hand, remove screws that
secure the entire rear baffle, slip it out carefully, lens is now looking
decidedly bald from the rear :-)

Cool part: Carefully pop the 2X-L on the back of the lens, no bumps, clashes,
fits perfectly, locks in no problems, looking good. Take the combo outside
mounted on an LX, no noticeable vignetting, great crisp view through the
finder, have to do some real performance tests between the two converters
now.

Since there seems to be no issue with this coupling optically was the
addition of the two baffles simply a marketing ploy or what, I can't see the
baffles being significant optically excepting when the sun is just out of frame
at the top of the long edge of the frame? Am I now obliged to file off the
baffles :-(

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA