Hi Paul,

Mine does the 400...1000...1600.  It is a #151xxxx.

I don't know any of the answers to your questions, but
I will speculate on one.  About the time that the
Super Program was in production, Kodak came out with
their VR1000 high speed color print film.  I don't
believe that there were any 800 speed films being
produced at that time, and Kodak was pushing the low
light capability of the 1000 speed film pretty hard (I
think this may have been the first T-grain emulision,
first in color anyway). Perhaps Pentax thought that it
would be less confusing for the general consumer to
have a mark at 1000 for a film that existed vs 800
that only someone who might be pushing film speed etc.
(in other words, knew what they were doing) would be
using.  Just a guess.

Regards,

William in Utah.

Paul wrote;

Does anyone know when the change was introduced? Which
came first? Why the
change was made? What other changes occurred during
the Super Program /
Super A's manufacturing cycle?