Collin Brendemuehl wrote:

If the meter is not dead (which happens on occasion)
I've found that the terminals beneath the baseplate
sometimes require a cleaning. Check for a cold solder
joint as well.
I've cleaned the contacts mechanically, simply scratching
the surface with a pin tip to remove some oxidation and allow
better contact.
If it's a wiring or solder issue then a service center may be the most practical way to go.
As always, be careful and have fun.

Collin

The problem is that the person with the camera lives quite a bit away from me, so I have no way of looking at it beforehand.

So, If it's just the meter, the LED's would come on, right?
Service center sounds like a hassle, that would require shipping it away somewhere etc etc. Naah, then I don't want it. ;-)

/Henri