Well, parts are not available to repair the meter if that is the problem. However, an MX works fine with out the meter, you just need a hand held meter, or an exposure guide. If someone offered it to me for that price I would buy it.

--

Henri Toivonen wrote:

I have been offered to buy a Pentax MX for a very small amount of money (about $15), and it is in good condition apart from one thing.
The meter doesn't work and the LED's don't light up.
My guess that it doesn't get any battery connection. It doesn't work even with a fresh battery.
Are these models known to get problems with the battery?
Or is it likely that it could be something else?

I'm not interested in buying something that will just give me hassle, but if it's a small fix it would be a nice buy.

/Henri

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com/graywolf.html