Does anyone know a place that has it? Online it seems to be out of stock everywhere.
The disappearance is so complete that I wonder if Pentax has discontinued it. It is,
though, still listed on web sites.

At B&H, the 43 and 31 limiteds are out of stock. The FA 28 is listed as special order.
At Adorama the FA 24 is backordered. No one seems to be able to fulfill orders for the
DA 16-45 from stock. Other DA lenses will apparently dribble out.

Either (a) there is suddenly enormous demand for quality Pentax lenses and Pentax
cannot meet that demand; (b) there has been so little demand that places like B&H and
Adorama just don't bother to restock the higher-cost items; or (c) Pentax is remaining
solvent by drastically cutting its manufacturing capacity.

As I've posted here before, I admit that I know little of business matters. The signs,
though, have made me suspect that (c) may be the case. If so, if there's a Pentax lens
you like, best to buy it while you can.

Joe