Hi,

Kevin wrote:
> I will be shooting some indoor dancers. The layout is simple
> with 2 x 400 Watt studio flashes 1 stop apart with a white
> paper backdrop. My film choices are simply to use the ever
> reliable Fuji Reala (iso 100) or the Fujichrome Velvia (iso 50).
> I will be using some Fuji ACROS Neopan 100 for the black and
> white stuff.

I would rather use dedicated "portrait films", such as Fuji NPC/NPL,
Kodak Portra 160VC or Agfa Portrait 160. The Reala is very close in
many respects.

> I have never used the Velvia with the 6x7, nor have I
> used it indoors in 35mm format.

I just can't stand the skin tones of that film.
It can be a good choice, if you use strong colored filtered lighting.

> How does the Velvia perform with flashes?
> Any under exposure problems?

It has some problems with very short flash durations, but your 400Ws
units should not produce this effect.

> How does it handle contrasty situations?

Very badly.
This is a film to improve contrast, not to handle the existing one.

Regards,
Gabor