aimcompute wrote:

> Here's what bothers me about this: ... <snip>

My neighbor, a beginner but with the makings of a good eye,
entered a print one of these about a year ago, and he was
told his photo was selected for the coffee-table book. No prize.

I remember thinking at the time that it reminded me of the
"you have been selected for inclusion in Who's Who of <enter
field of endeavor here>" mailings. I suspect the real deal
here is to sell books to the include-ees.

My two pfennigs...

Stephen Moore