I am currently copying many of my small collection of CD's to MP3. In my case I am doing it because it is much cheaper to do that than to buy a CD changer. Basically I find I can get about 7 CD's onto one MP3 encoded CD that I play in the DVD deck. I will someday replace the stereo in the truck with one that will play MP3 CD's as well. You can get a portable MP3 capable CD player at Wal-Mart for under $30 as well, a cheap alternative for an expensive (but smaller) MP3 player.

7-8 hours of music without having to change CD's. It works for me...

--

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

Hi Gang ....

Call me slow, but I just discovered how easy it is to copy CD's to the hard
drive using the Win Media Player. It's pretty much all automatic, and it
astounds me how much info is on the disk. This opens the door to copying
music to some sort of portable device for use in the car and while
travelling. What sorts of devices, apart from an iPod, can be used for
this purpose? Does MP3 or MP4 (that's the format, right?) sound pretty
good compared to a home system or a good sound system on the computer? What do you do for speakers on the road?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Shel Belinkoff

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com/graywolf.html