> In a message dated 5/30/2004 8:51:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Perhaps it's because digital is easy.
>
> William Robb
> --------------
> So, if it is, is this really a BAD thing? Do things have to be HARD or
> REALLY, REALLY hard to be good or worthwhile?
>
> I wonder if painters complained when they could buy oil paint in tubes rather
> than having to mix/make their own?
>
> Marnie aka Doe ;-)

Sure they did.  Else you were stuck with the choice of medium that the
manufacturer picked.  There are still artists who mix their own paints.
I'm sure there are some that grind their own pigments, too, just as
there are still some photographers who coat their own glass plates.

Whether this makes any difference to the resulting work is another
question.  But that's the age-old argument as to whether the image
stands by itself, or if you have to take into consideration all the
intangibles.