"Artur Ledóchowski" wrote:

> And I disagree (sorry:() with the statement that MZ-7 has the fastest AF in its
>class.
> I was able to compare it with F60 and EOS 300 and found out that EOS has the fastest
> and most quiet. F60's AF is pretty much like that in MZ-7.

Tests in both Practical Photography (uk) and FOTO (swe) states that the MZ-7 has a
faster AF
than EOS 300, F60 and Dynax 505 Si - with a standard 28-80 consumer zoom.
In fact, I've read quite many magazine tests with complaints about the AF speed in the
EOS
300.
Low light response is also bad in the EOS 300, since it lights it's AF assist beam
under
brighter conditions than the competition does.

Real life situations are of course different from lab tests done by magazine, so
perhaps we
can agree upon a statement like: "Under ideal conditions, the MZ-7 has the fastest AF
in
it's class with 28-80 standard zoom".

Best regards,
--