Mark Dalal wrote:

> I second Bill's statement. I've got a friend with a couple of the PC lenses.
> They're nowhere as good as his large format gear.

All of the shift lenses I've played with for 35mm have had dirt poor
coverage, so that you really couldn't shift very far before you got cutoff.

Actually, the worst offender for shift-capabilities without the large
image circle needed to take advantage of shifting has got to be that
Fuji 6x9 all auto camera, whatever the heck it's name is.  The normal
and longer focal lengths had great image circles, but the wides...the
lenses you would WANT to shift with...were useless!  Shifts of more than
a few milimetres showed cutoff.  What the heck was the point of that?

-Aaron