Hello SidB
Congratulations. I agree. The MZ-S is a great camera. Wish I had a "D"
version, though!

The MZ-S also has a similar user interface as the Super A: Turn the aperture
and it will switch to Av. Turn it to "A" and the camera will switch to
Program Mode. Turn the Time Wheel to "M" and the camera will work in TV
mode. Turn both Aperture and Time wheel and the camera will be in Manual
Mode. This is a brilliant user interface IMO.

The MZ-S work pretty much the same way, except it has Green Button to turn
it back into Auto Mode instead of using the Time wheel again.

This and the HYP mode of the PZ-1/PZ-1p is what makes Pentax cameras very
convenient and truly user friendly. No mode switch is necessary.

But I'm having a hard time making my MZ-S compete with the sharpness of my
SONY DSC F717 - partly due no slow my zoom lenses, like the SMC F
4-5.6/70-210mm. But the autofucus and FPS is very nice in practice - who
really needs more than 2,5 FPS, anyway? But,  I would like a SMC
2.8/70-210mm - for less than 1000 USD! Is that possible?

Jens

Jens Bladt
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hjem.get2net.dk/bladt